The FCS Freedom leash represents the first major change in leash technology in 30 years.
The cord of any leash is the integral part of it and this is where the design process started. The cord used in the new FCS Freedom Leash is something new entirely, both visually and by the way it’s constructed. It’s a high tensile nylon yarn which is braided over an internal PU cord. The result is a thinner, lighter and stronger cord. This thinner cord causes much less drag than a normal leash and will result in less resistance as you fly across the wave.
Every other component on the new FCS Freedom Leash has been designed to complement the cord and enhance the user experience. New manufacturing techniques have been utilised to make this leash more hydrodynamic and in doing so reduce it’s overall weight.
Changing the way a leash is designed has also reduced the number of potential break points experienced with traditional leashes while simultaneously decreasing the amount of tangling and drag.
The FCS Freedom leash is a light, thin and strong leash designed for high performance surfing.
High Tensile Over-Braided Nylon Cord
- Thinner, lighter & stronger.
- Limited over-stretch designed to return to original length.
- Reduces tangling and drag.
Precision Engineered Cuff
- Silicone Grip Print – Reduces slipping around ankle.
- 3MM Neoprene Padding – Thin, light and comfortable.
- Low Profile Moulded Velcro – Stronger & more reliable.
Lightweight Moulded Pull Tab
- Ergonomic, quick release.
- Foam filled, light and shock absorbing.
- Extended horn length to reduce tangling.
- Less drag, thinner & lighter.
- Better Hydrodynamics.